Are you only going to use it for platforms like Twitch and YouTube? Or do you see yourself in the future doing interviews? Do you have a fixed area dedicated to your work, or do you need something more portable? These questions are relevant since some microphones stand out more in some aspects than in others. The best microphone for streaming is used in many places and for many jobs. There is also a large selection of microphones available, so it is necessary to buy the right microphone for the job in question. Knowing what is required and how to buy the best microphone is not always easy, as there are different requirements for various applications.
However, by looking closely at what is needed and then comparing the characteristics of the different types of microphones, it is possible to know how to buy the best microphone for a given task. In this article, everything will be explained to you that you will need to know about microphones. The first step in buying the best microphone for streaming is to analyze precisely what you need. Different applications have different requirements, and various types of microphones are available with different characteristics. By matching what you need with the features of the microphone type, you can choose the primary model. Then it is a matter of specifications, and you can go for buying the microphone that best suits the application.
Best Microphone for Streaming – Features & Reviews
1. Blue Yeti Microphone:
A classic when you talk about high-end microphones for recording and streaming. The Blue Yeti is almost an icon of the streamers and YouTubers. It is appalling since it is quite large and weighs (primarily due to its robust metal base), but the result is worth it. The Blue Yeti is a condenser microphone that has four modes to capture the voice that is changed quickly. Thanks to a wheel on the back of the microphone. The cardioid mode would be optimal to capture your voice in the face of a podcast or gameplay. It activates the front sensor and can pick the sound with more quality, which results in a warmer tone. It applies to other microphones that have the cardioid mode.
- Set of 3 capsules: 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Output power (RMS): 130 mW
- Multiple pattern selection: cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, stereo.
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- S/N ratio: 100dB.
- Impedance: 16 ohms.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasts, narration, interviews, field recordings, and conference calls
- Plug and play: Mac OS x (10.4.11 or later) and PC (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- It is very reasonable in rates.
2. Blue snowball
The Blue Snowball is another model of the Yeti. It has an impressive capture quality that offers warm house brand sound. This model is a bit tough to transport due to its spherical design and support, although, it does not weigh as much as its older brother. It is the most recommended one to go for due to better quality and low price. Of course, different editions raise the price, which is already a matter of aesthetics and the money you want to spend. However, this Snowball is a great option to enter the world of gameplay, editing, and video game streaming.
- Custom condenser capsules provide clear audio for Skype, Messages, and FaceTime.
- Record audio, create podcasts and add narration to home movies.
- Add clear audio to YouTube recordings.
- Easily plug and play and connect directly to your Mac or PC: no drivers to install.
- Includes desktop support and USB cable
- You can even record unusual instruments, vocals, and entire bands.
- Can easily buy from Amazon at reasonable rates
3. Razer Seiren
Like the previous microphone, the Razer Seiren combines quality and design. While Blue makes more classic and elegant microphones, Razer has maintained its aggressive design line that all its products have with this Seiren. The microphone is something big, but it has a black design that blends perfectly with the manufacturer’s logo.
- Super-Cardioid Pickup Pattern: The sound recording is possible at a more closed angle, reducing unwanted background noise and providing clear and clear audio.
- Built-in shock mount: Attenuates vibration and protects the transmission from sound anomalies.
- Compact and elegant: Provides excellent audio transmission in a small format.
- It has got Sound-frequency extender and transient response like Pro. The microphone captures a broader range of nuances, so the audio is captured clearly and accurately.
- Zero-latency monitoring: Monitor yourself in real-time during transmission and listen to what the viewer is listening to without hearing the echo effect that causes the echo effect during transmission. Frequency response: 20Hz-20 kHz.
- Have a high-Quality sound option
4. Audio Technica AT2020
The Audio Technica AT2020 is a real wonder that costs about € 145 and plays in the Yeti and Seiren league. It is a reasonably large condenser microphone (about 16 centimeters) with a robust design, and that will capture the sound perfectly. It is cardioid and also includes the tripod.
- Ideal for home learning projects/applications.
- Power requirements: 48V DC.
- 2 mA standard.
- Output connector: Integrated 3-pin type XLRM
- Unparalleled versatility with high SPL handling and wide dynamic range
- Custom designed low mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and excellent transient response.
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces the pickup of sound from the side and back and improves the separation of the desired sound source.
5. Turtle Beach Stream Mic
This Turtle Beach Stream Mic is another useful model in the world of microphones. And, it is a microphone that, although valid for PC, is prepared for Xbox One and PS4 also. Hence, you can easily connect it to the consoles and retransmit directly with the tools that include both the Sony console and Microsoft. Its installation is straightforward, and the size of this Turtle Beach Stream Mic is surprisingly small. It is very small and easy to transport micro.
- USB audio connection.
- Dual element: Multiple patterns/selectable.
- Audio mute: The source panel of the microphone mute switch
- Digital signal processor.
- Analog audio output Headphone amplifier.
6. Samson Meteor
And, if you talk about portability, do not forget the Samson Meteor. It is a most attractive microphone for two reasons: quality/price and size. The Samson Meteor is easy to transport as it is small and has three legs that can be attached to the microphone body. It only has one audio capture mode, but the sound you get with the microphone in front is pretty good.
- Large-diaphragm condenser (25 mm) for rich audio recording.
- Cardioid uptake pattern.
- The soft and flat frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz
- CD-quality, 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution.
- The foldable leg design allows for optimal microphone positioning.
7. Behringer C-1U
Behringer is a German maker that manufactures microphones and other audio devices, such as amplifiers for guitars and bass. This model, the Behringer C-1U, is quite attractive since it is affordable (€ 55) and captures the voice well, although it abuses the bass quite a lot. For starters, it is not bad, but if you compare with Samson Meteor, for example, you find that this Behringer would need a support that is sold separately. Of course, if you like aesthetics, it’s not bad. It is a condenser microphone, it does not have different modes, but for starters, it is not bad.
- Professional large-diameter condenser microphone with a built-in 48 kHz USB interfaces for unparalleled sound quality.
- Gets power from PC USB output directly.
- Offers with Audacity audio editor and Kristal audio engine, Modifier loading software, Juice, and Podnova download software
- 136 dB maximum SPL (sound pressure level).
- Ideal as a primary microphone, support for studio and live applications.
8. A6 SADES:
You will wonder what some helmets paint here, but it is impressive what these A6 SADES achieve. The quality of helmets is not the best. While they do not abuse the serious, the spectrum is not that it is anything from the other world. However, if you need some helmets and want to record with a micro attached to the mouth, these helmets are fabulous. And the microphone quality is outstanding and amazing. You will not get a sound of such quality as with a cardioid microphone like the ones mentioned above, but more than enough for gameplay on YouTube or Twitch.
- USB 7.1 virtual channel surround sound effect for PC players with SADES.
- High performance decoding chip.
- Xhammer 4D breathable LED light.
- Physical vibration and immersive low frequency sound to activate the vibration.
- High-end electroplated exterior soft and breathable protein earpads allow you to enjoy the game comfortably.
- Reinforced headband that provides a height adjustment level that fits perfectly
9. AmazonBasics Professional USB Condenser Microphone – Black
This professional condenser microphone adopts an entirely new audio circuit. Capture a rich and full-bodied sound from the sources that are directly in front of the microphone. The cardioid pickup pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the primary source of the sound. This microphone also includes an aluminum case, a metal filter Pop filter, and air foam head and anti-vibration spider support, so the set is complete.
- This microphone set can be used for karaoke, sound reinforcement or recording, to record voice or instruments, indoors or outdoors.
- Professional USB Condenser Microphone provides excellent sound quality
- It works well with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP; Mac OS; and Linux
- Plug ‘n Play directly to Mac or PC, no need for drivers
- Having a USB interface, one will not need any software for installation or external power, since the equipment supplies all the power.
10. Trust GXT 252 Emita
You do not need a pre-mic to be connected as it has a direct USB interface to the PC. Hence in a minute, you can have your recording studio mounted. It is a condenser microphone with cardioid polar pickup. Its sampling frequency is 16 bit at 48 kHz. Its response frequency is between 18 and 21000 Hz. Hence, one can have the full range of the audible spectrum.
- Perfect for podcasts, vlogs, locutions, music recording or streaming on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook
- This Microphone has a Cardioid recording system which helps in a high precision recording. Also, you can get a clear sound without background noise with this Microphone.
- Supplied with a durable aluminum case for safe storage and transport
- Includes heavy metal stand, high-end suspension and large screen, double screen filter. and 1.8m disconnectable USB cable
- Minimum requirements: PC or laptop with USB port; Windows 7, 8, 10
Regardless of your intentions, it is believed that the best microphone for streaming, gaming, and podcasting should be powered by USB. These types of microphones are cheaper and easier to use than XLRs. Also do not forget to check the polar patterns, since they define where the sound that the microphone picks up will come from. So if you are looking for the best microphone for streaming then take help of above list and choose the best microphone for streaming for your usages. Also, find out more on the Amazon with their best features.