Skype is a popular web-based telecommunications service. We all as youngsters signed up for skype with a dope username in mind. As we grow older, this username might seem a little overzealous. In most cases, we wish we hadn’t done that. In this article, we will learn about how to change skype names. Skype has two different types of names. First is the username which is used to connect with people. Second is the display name which is shown to the users. We will learn how to change both. You must have a sophisticated name because skype is quite popular. The platform might be used to interact with your workplace. It is often used to conduct virtual meetings and job interviews. This article can be quite beneficial for you, so read on.
Tech giant Microsoft develops the software. The app is available on PC, tablet, phone, and even Xbox. You can use the service for text, video, audio, and image, etc. It is the biggest video call platform. The app has over 100 million active monthly users. Due to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, millions of new users have joined the platform. Skype also offers users with high-quality instant messaging. Microsoft acquired the skype website in 2011. The company paid a sum of $8.5 billion. The services of skype have become much more refined now.
Everyone is using video conferencing features. The service excels in video calls and voice calls among multiple platforms. The platform was first released in 2003 and has come a long way since then. The services of skype are available on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Windows Phone, and the holo lens. Skype is accessible through the website and the official applications. It is an excellent service and is helping us stay connected virtually.
What is a Skype Name?
Skype has two unique kinds of names on an account. These are two different components of the same account. It is often used by tech companies to separate user data and classify them. The display name can be easily changed at any time. The username is decided when you register for skype. It is the name given to your account through your email id. Once you sign up, it is almost impossible to change your username. The display name is user-defined. The web client identifies users through a username or display name.
In this guide, we will show you how to change skype name across all platforms. The services are accessible over many. Here we will cover how to change the name on PC and Smartphone devices. Users can reimagine it over and over again.
Methods to Change Skype Name:
Multiple ways are using which users can change their skype names. The necessary prerequisite to begin with the process includes –
- A device with skype installed
- Internet connection
- Skype account
When you have all of this ready, follow the guide for your specific device to begin.
Skype is available on Windows, Linux, and macOS devices. The process to change the name is the same for all. You just need to have the desktop client installed on your device. Visit this link to download – https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/. For this tutorial, we are going to use a Windows PC.
On your Windows device head over to the Skype application. Start the form and let the screen load.
- Once the application has successfully started click on the sign-in button. Enter your correct credentials to log in to your account.
- You will be welcomed by the skype home page where you can find connectivity options. Here you will also find the username or display name.
- At the top left corner of the app, you will find your profile. Select the profile image to find account settings. Click on the skype profile option to change your settings.
- Here the display name will be shown front and center. Click on the pencil icon to edit the name. You can enter any available name which hasn’t been taken already.
Skype is available on all major smartphone platforms. The official app is present on Android, iOS and now discontinued Windows Phone. Users just need to have the app downloaded on their device. For this tutorial, we are going to use Android. The steps can be replicated on iOS devices.
- Follow this guide to change your display name on skype.
- On your android phone run the skype application.
- Once you have started skype sign in to your account. Existing users need to sign in using their Microsoft accounts.
- Just like your windows counterpart, you will find the skype homepage. Here you will see the profile edit options. Click on your display picture at the top.
- Your profile picture will show you the skype settings. Click on skype name so you can edit.
- Enter the name that you desire and begin with the process. Click on the pencil icon beside the name. Add the signature of your choice.
Voila! You have successfully changed your name on your smartphone. Users can repeat the steps for iOS and Windows Phone devices as well.
Skype is available on multiple platforms. It is a well-renowned video call service. The features are quite prominent and make it a perfect companion for many users. Currently, skype services are essential for all of us. Throughout the years, they have been working for a digital future. The pandemic has undoubtedly made us realize its importance. With this guide, we covered the different methods to change your skype name. The video call service is available on multiple devices. Microsoft has undoubtedly perfected the video call service. Follow our guide to change your online presence easily.