In the year 2009, when WhatsApp first released, the status was the most interesting feature. “Available”, “Busy”, “At school”, “In the meeting” were some of the common statuses available on WhatsApp. Quickly it became one of the popular preferred ways to let your friends know about your current lifestyle. WhatsApp reconstructed their status feature in the year 2017, with some interesting additions. Now the WhatsApp status application is similar to Instagram and Snapchat stories. Earlier which was known as Status is now better known as ‘About’? At first, the WhatsApp status seemed like a clone of Snapchat. Now WhatsApp has made a twist for its users which are for the audience of providing status.
‘WhatsApp status’ is a kind of status update that automatically disappears after 24 hours of uploading. Here you can easily share photos, texts, videos, links, and also GIFs. By default, it is only visible between two users who are enlisted both of their contact lists. If you haven’t stored anybody’s number in your contacts then they can’t view your status on WhatsApp.
How to update status in your WhatsApp account
There are some simple steps to update a status on your WhatsApp account. Please follow the rules and make an attractive WhatsApp status easily.
- First, you need to open your WhatsApp Messenger application from your smartphone.
- Now you need to tap on the ‘Status’ button. [On the Android device, this button will appear on your screen just beside the ‘Chats’ option. But on the iPhone, this button will appear on the bottom-left corner of the screen.]
- After going to the status option, you need to tap on the ‘Add Status’ button which will appear in the top-right corner of the screen. This option looks like a “+” inside a circle.
- Now you can find two different options on the bottom-right corner of your screen. One option has symbolized as a pen. By this, you can compose some written updates, add emoji, stickers and some different characters, you can paste copied links on here. The second option will allow choosing multiple numbers of photos and videos. You can make a caption for your photos or videos from here.
- You will find another option for uploading GIFs either from your phone gallery or in-built WhatsApp gallery.
- After choosing your favorable photos, videos, GIFs or composing your written or copied status, you should tap on the ‘Send’ option. Your WhatsApp status will be visible now.
How to Delete Your Status:
After 24 hours it will automatically be removed from your status. If you want to remove this before 24 hours, you can delete it. To delete your WhatsApp status you need to follow some steps.
- Tap on the ‘Status’ option.
- You will find a triple dot on your ‘My status’ option. Just tap on it.
- You will find another triple-dot inside your ‘My status’ option. You need to tap on it.
- Now you will find 4 different options showing ‘Forward’, ‘Share’, ‘Share to Facebook’ and ‘Delete’ option.
- To delete your current status, you need to click on the ‘Delete’ option.
- There is a confirmation notification that will appear on your screen. If you want to delete your status, tap on ‘Delete’.
- If you delete your status once. It will also be deleted for everyone who has already received it.
How to Hide your WhatsApp status:
Everyone from your friend circle, family members, office colleagues or business team is on your WhatsApp account and you want to show your random status only for some collective people in your contact lists. Then you need to hide your WhatsApp status to maintain your security. If you want to exclude anybody from the status visibility, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open your WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Tap on the triple star shown in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option and tap on it.
- Now you will find multiple options under settings. Choose the ‘Privacy’ option from here. Just click on it.
- After tap on the Privacy option, again you will find different types of options, from which just tap on the ‘Status’ option.
- Now three options will appear on your screen and you need to tap on the ‘My contacts except’ options.
- Your entire contact list will appear in front of you. You can choose from anyone with whom you do not want to share your WhatsApp status.
- After selecting the required contacts just tap on the Tick symbol that will appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on the ‘Done’ option and complete the Hiding procedure.
How to mute anybody’s WhatsApp status?
If you do not want to see what your electrician is posting on his/her WhatsApp status or you do not want to see your irritating colleague’s status on WhatsApp then you will also mute their notifications. This feature usually lets you hide anybody’s status from your contact list. To mute someone’s status, you need to follow these following steps
- Go to the status option on your WhatsApp account and then open the particular person’s status.
- Now you will find triple-dot on the viewed status. Tap on it and the ‘Mute’ option will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the ‘Mute’ option.
Best WhatsApp Status in 2020 – Cool, Funny & Romantic
1. Some Quotes For WhatsApp Status
- “I didn’t change, I just grew up. You should try it once”
- “I hate math but I love counting money”
- “I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life”
- “I don’t care what people think or say about me, I was not born on this earth to please everybody.”
2. Romantic WhatsApp Status
- “I shall love you till eternity.”
- “Love is a paradox of my life”
- “Love is That Which cannot see the Religious, Caste, Rich, Poor in life.”
- “Easy to begin, but very hard to stop loving someone you loved.”
- “I will ever remember the first day when I saw you.”
3. Funny WhatsApp Status
- “The only reason I am fat is that a tiny body couldn’t store all this personality.”
- “Yea, dating is cool but have you ever had stuffed crust pizza?”
- “I’m not lazy, I just enjoy doing nothing.”
- “Did anyone else notice the sound if you click the like button on my status?”
So guys! Uploading WhatsApp Status is easier for you now. It becomes simpler and attractive with your sense of humor and your creativity.
Also Check: How to Use Whatsapp on iPad?